Friday, November 1, 2013

11/1

What better day to play with Paradox!



Today's date, November 1st, when written numerically, consists of three ones.

Looking at those three straight lines made me think of the pattern Rick's Paradox.

It's a tangle that is drawn with just that one elemental stroke - a straight line - repeated in such a way that it creates the illusion of a curve. 

Hmmmm....sounds like an inspiration to me. 

I set out to create a monotangle of Rick's Paradox to celebrate the day.

I dug into my Zendala kit and picked this pre-strung tile:

 
I traced the curved lines of the string and tangled Paradox in each section.  Keep in mind that all lines in the finished tile are straight with the exception of the string lines.  Here is my finished monotangle before shading:

And here is my completed tile with shading:

 
A straight-line tangle pattern, drawn in curved sections of a pre-strung Zendala tile - and the result is pure Zentangle® magic!  The lines seem to curve and twist and spin.
 
 
And it all started with the numeral one in today's date: 11/1.  See what inspires you and tangle away.
 
 
Have a happy weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I too saw ones yesterday... But didn't translate to paradox... Silly me! Fab tile!

    ReplyDelete